Most colleges require a personal essay. This is a guide to choosing your topic and writing a good essay. Make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to write, make revisions, and get a quality proofreader!
Preparing & Sending Your Activities Résumé
Why is a résumé important?
- It helps your teachers write their letters of recommendation
- It helps your counselor write a counselor evaluation
- It can be used as supplementary documentation to your college application
- It helps you keep track of your activities, which will assist you in completing your college applications
How do I create a résumé?
- Go to Naviance Family Connection > about me > résumé
- Use the résumé builder to complete a résumé of your activities
- Start building your résumé early and add to it as time goes by
- Once your résumé is complete on Naviance, your teachers and counselor will be able to view your activities and accomplishments during high school.
Who sends my résumé to a college?
- If you would like to send your résumé to the colleges where you are applying, you are responsible for submitting it to them.
- You will need to format your résumé into a document and then you can send it to your colleges through their online application, the US mail, or email it to the college’s admissions office.
How do I format my résumé from my Naviance Family Connection account?
- Enter your activities into your Naviance résumé builder
- Click > Customize Your Printable Résumé tab
- Click > create a new print format
- Name your document
- Click on the boxes of information you entered in order to include those items in the résumé
- Click > save and close
- Open the résumé you saved by clicking > view/print
- Copy and paste the entire document into a Word document
- Edit your document in Word
- Adjust margins, spacing, etc.
- Review the document to make sure there are no spelling errors, formatting is consistent and it looks professional