Most colleges require a personal essay. This is a guide to choosing your topic and writing a good essay. Make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to write, make revisions, and get a quality proofreader!
Preparing & Sending Your Activities Résumé
Why is a résumé important?
- A résumé helps your counselor to write a complete counselor evaluation.
- It is a very professional supplemental document to your college applications.
- It helps you keep track of your activities and completing your college applications.
- It is used to apply for future opportunities including employment, scholarships and internships.
How do I create a résumé?
- Go to your Naviance account > about me > my stuff > résumé.
- Use the résumé builder to complete a résumé of your activities, work & volunteer experiences, athletics etc.
- Start building your résumé early and add to it as time goes by.
- Once your résumé is complete in Naviance, your counselor will be able to view your activities and accomplishments during high school.
How do I format my résumé from my Naviance account?
- Enter your activities into your Naviance résumé builder at Add/Update Sections.
- Click > Print/Export Résumé & then the plus sign.
- Name your résumé, choose the template & click continue.
- Click on the boxes of information you entered to include those items on your résumé.
- Click > Update resume.
- Open the résumé you saved by clicking > Download DOCX.
- Edit your résumé:
- Adjust margins, spacing, use bold and underling for emphasis.
- Review your résumé to make sure there are no spelling errors, your formatting is consistent and your résumé looks professional.
Save your edited résumé to your own files.
How do I send my résumé to a college?
- You are responsible for sending your résumé to your colleges.
- In some cases, a college application will have a place for you to upload your résumé. If not, you can send a paper copy via the US Mail or email it as an attachment to the admissions representative/office and ask that it be added to your file.