You must be logged into your CDH Google account to access this information.
PFP (PEOPLE FINDING PEOPLE)
This class has been designed for students in12th grade who have been nominated to participate in the PFP Program.
- Seniors chosen to mentor have applied and interviewed to be a part of the program.
- The application process takes place in the spring of their Junior year.
- Once selected, students attend a summer school training on on peer listening,confidentiality, empathy, encouragement, identifying and validating feelings, and simulated situations.
- During senior year they participate in a year long class to continue their training and meet with the students they are assigned.
- Each mentoring pair meets once a week during homeroom. Students have the opportunity to talk to someone who has been "in their shoes." They discuss everything from friend issues to whether or not they are going to the football game on Friday.
All 9th and 10th grade students have the opportunity to be paired with a year long mentor. If you are interested please contact Ms. Vinck or Mr. Brewer in the Guidance Office.