Schaller Raider Brigade Scholarship Application
There are three requirements for incoming 9th grade students to complete the application:
1. Student submits a completed Application for Enrollment to CDH.
2. Student enrolls in the JROTC Program.
3. Student submits a Scholarship Application and Essay (250 words or less) by February 1, 2019.
No application will be considered until all three of the above requirements are submitted to Cretin-Derham Hall.
Please upload a PDF file of your typed essay into the scholarship application. We recommend the essay is finalized before starting the scholarship application.
The essay must be 250 words or less and will be reviewed for content, clarity, and general 8th grade writing skill. By submitting this essay, you are promising that this is your own work. Feel free to have an adult review your final draft before you upload the file.
Your essay will answer this question: What are your goals for participating in JROTC at Cretin-Derham Hall?
Scholarship recipients will be notified in late February via mail.
If you have any questions, please contact LTC James Fischer.
Students must continue to be in good standing in JROTC, as defined by the following:
- Active involvement in JROTC co-curriculars, for example, earning a varsity letter in one of the teams
- Three hours of JROTC service per trimester
- A cumulative GPA of 2.8 with no incomplete assignments
- A cumulative JROTC GPA of 3.0 with no incomplete assignments
- Demonstrated leadership at CDH through service, honoring CDH values, following school policies, such as uniform wear, and overall attitude.
Students who do not meet the criteria above will have their scholarship placed in probation and may not be eligible to renew.
If a current recipient forfeits their scholarship, students who competed the previous year may be invited to reapply.