Our Award Recipients
Bishop Joseph Cretin Award
The Bishop Joseph Cretin Award is given annually to a distinguished Cretin alumnus.
- In recognition of their outstanding service to their community and to Cretin High School.
- For their achievements in their profession exemplifying the highest and best traditions of Cretin High School.
- This award is presented in memory of the Cretin High School founder.
2016 Award Winner-General Joseph Votel '76
- The St. De La Salle Award is presented in honor of the Christian Brothers.
- The award is presented annually to a distinguished Cretin alumnus in recognition of his outstanding service to his community and to Cretin High School.
- Recognize his achievements in his ministry exemplifying the highest and best traditions of Cretin High School.
2016 Award Winner-Michael Campion '66
- This award was instituted in 1999 in recognition of the tremendous commitment Eugene ’48 and Mary Frost Frey ’52 have demonstrated to Cretin-Derham Hall and the larger community.
- This award is presented to an individual who reflects the mission and values of Cretin-Derham Hall through involvement with Cretin-Derham Hall and other community interests.
2016 Award Winner-John '51 & Catherine Michel
- Recognizing an individual whose spirit and energy reflect an understanding of the need to preserve the past and provide for future generations.
2016 Award Winner-Robert '51 & Carolyn Koemptgen
- The Carondelet Award honors a woman who has attained eminence in a particular field of endeavor.
2016 Award Winner-Laura Fries’80
- The Hugh Derham Award is given in recognition of loyal service rendered to Derham Hall through work aimed at bettering the school, its objectives and ideals.
2016 Award Winner-Patricia Norusis
- The Hour Glass Award recognizes a woman who exemplifies Derham Hall’s ideals of Christian love and service.
2016-Award Winner-Mary White Frey'76