Computer Science at CDH
Computer Science gives students vital 21st century skills. Computer Science is more than just using technology - it teaches students design, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills, preparing students to innovate and create the new technologies that drive our world.
Note: All computer courses require a fee of $40.00 to cover the cost of materials.
Computer Science in the Classroom
Graduation Requirements: Computer science courses are optional electives
- Computer-Aided Design (C.A.D.)
- Computer Animation
- Introduction to Programming – Advanced
- Programming Apps for iOS – Advanced
- Web Programming and Design
11th & 12th Grade
- AP Computer Science – Honors
Computer Science offerings include both programming-oriented and application-oriented courses to meet a variety of student interests and skill levels.
The CDH Advantage!
- State of the Art Technology
- C.A.D., Science and Engineering, and Robotics students produce and print models using 3D printers.
- Physics and Science and Engineering students use Arduino circuit boards to explore electronics and programming.
- Programming students use Python, JAVA, C#, and Swift to learn about object oriented programming and how to manipulate objects through coding.
- Animation students use Blender, GarageBand, and other applications to bring characters to life.
To learn more about our Computer Science faculty or to contact a teacher directly, take a look at our Staff Directory.