Being a community of faith not only involves ministry and service, but also the obligation to seek justice for those who may be considered the least, the lost and the last. Since 2001, Cretin-Derham Hall hosts an annual Justice Week that includes speakers, Empty Bowls, and a Youth Justice Summit.
February 4-8, 2019
Striving always toward the Values of Catholic, Academic, Community, Leadership, Service, Diversity, and Equity, Cretin-Derham Hall annually hosts Justice Week.
For more information, contact Lou Anne Tighe.
Past Justice Week themes have included:
- Muslims in Minnesota
- International Human Rights
- The Civil Rights Movement and Racism in Contemporary America
- The Power of Partnership: Working Toward Gender Equity
- Immigration Issues in America
- Heeding the Call to Environmental Justice
- Whole and Holy: Differing Abilities, Sacred Vision
- Economic Justice in a World of Need
- Seeking Justice through the Fine Arts
- Water: A Right, Not a Privilege
- Mental Health
- Economic Justice and Sustainability