Cretin-Derham Hall is a proud member of the FIRST Robotics program. We believe that Robotics is more than building robots. Technology changes all the time. What we discover when facing a challenge like building a robot is how to bring all kinds of learners, all kinds of abilities, and all kinds of interests together so that the outcome is the best of everyone involved.
- All skill levels are welcomed and needed, technical or non-technical.
- We are in our tenth season with FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).
- We currently have more than 45 students in all grades.
- In our 2016 season, we received the Gracious Professionalism Award at Eagan High School's build season competition.
- CDH students have gone on to college engineering programs around the country, and have worked for companies such as Cargill, Microsoft, Best Buy, and others.
Our first regional event was in Duluth in early March. Our next competition is March 27-29th at the University of Minnesota. This year's competition theme is Deep Space in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing!