CDH Hosts Upper Midwest JROTC Challenge
February 2, 2024
The Raider Brigade was excited to host about 350 Army, Air Force and Marine Corps cadets from 12 other local and regional JROTC programs on February 2 for the annual Upper Midwest JROTC Challenge.
Approximately 30 CDH cadets competed in the competition and more than 100 were running the competition and various events. "Make no mistake about it." said Colonel Scrocca, Senior Army Instructor at CDH, "This was a cadet/student run event with the instructors only maintaining oversight."
The CDH Raider Brigade represented itself with distinction finishing third overall and the following teams and cadets took home honors:
- The Knowledge Bowl and Air Rifle Teams both placed first and Lillian Moore ’24 was the top shooter in the competition.
- The Archery team placed second
- The Fitness team placed third
- The Regulation Drill team placed fifth.
- Approximately 250 cadets competed in the individual “knockout” drill competition with Kara Callahan ’27 placing second overall!
The following JROTC teams participated:
Sioux City, IA