While playing in the concert setting remains the hub of our band program, marching band is a required part of being in band and starts before school begins in August. We play a few parades and prepare a field show for Homecoming in the Fall. Everybody enrolled in band is in marching band. We'll teach you everything you need to know about marching while playing your instrument!
Info for Fri, Aug 17
- 6:00 arrive at CDH wearing band t-shirt
- 6:15 gather equipment and set up near football field
- 6:30 play pep tunes and Rouser
- 7:00 return equipment to band room/dismissed around 7:15
Info for Sat, Aug 18
- 8:30 rehearsal begins
- Bring water, snack, sunscreen, cap for outside work
- Bring $5.00 for Party Pizza lunch, and bring pop or vending $
- Done at 2:00
Info for Sun, Aug 19
- 9:30 arrive at CDH and change into marching uniform/parent meeting
- Need black socks and Dinkles or tennis shoes, t-shirt under marching shirt
- 10:00 warm-up on Albert
- 10:15 parade in the neighborhood
- 10:30 put away equipment and uniforms (officers monitor, come down last)
- 11:00 family potluck (families received info on what to bring)
- 12:00 done when we're done; seniors have clean-up
State Fair Parade (August 23) & Homecoming (October 5) Latin Show; see links below to listen and learn.
There are two sides of the marching season including two parades and one field show done at Homecoming. For parade tunes we typically do one tune from the show and one tune from a previous pep season. For the field show we do two to three pieces based on a theme. You will receive your music for Fall before school is out. All marching music needs to be memorized.